Monday, September 13, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!

When did my little girl grow up?!?!?!?! I was a little sad and teary eyed today when Sophia went off to her first of school this year. I know she went last year but for some reason this year was much more sad to me. She is such a little kid now and not my little baby!

She started a new preschool this year. Last year she was at Winnie the Pooh preschool and we decided to move her over to HOPE preschool this year. HOPE is a little bit bigger and more established (and my mom started the school way back when) and we thought it was a better fit for us all.

So off she went ... and she didn't miss a beat!

On our way in we ran into her friend from Winnie the Pooh last year who also started at HOPE this year so they were able to walk in together and play together at the play ground during recess.

Then when we got to her class she didn't even turn around to say good-bye to me, Zack, Annabelle or StellaGrace (yes, we ALL took her for her first day) and when I went to pick her up I stood in the class room for about 3 minutes before she even realized I was there. Needless to say, it was a much more traumatic day for me than her.

Her teacher said she did awesome! Apparently she did alot of "helping" with some of the younger kids in the class and "helped" then learn what you do at preschool (by "help" I mean "boss"). Most of the kids in her class are new to preschool as a whole and because she went last year she now thinks she is a master preschooler and she doesn't mind telling you about it.













No comments: