Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Second Day of School

Sophia left again for preschool and it was easier on Mommy but a bit harder on Annabelle. One of the big draws to her new preschool is that they have a car line so I don't have to unload all 3 of them and take Sophia into school unless I want to.

On Sophia's first day we all walked her in and saw her off and yesterday I decided to give the car line a try. It is very easy on me, we chat while we wait and they sing songs, etc. So when it comes time for Sophia to get out of the car a teacher comes to the car and gets her and takes her to her classroom.

Anyone who has met Annabelle knows that strangers are not her thing. SO ... when a strange lady (her teacher) came to the car and took her big sister she was less than thrilled.

She started by crying, just crying.
Then moved on to crying while gasping and asking "where is Sophia, where is Sophia?"
Then as she continued to cry and question her sisters whereabouts she realized she wanted to go to preschool so then she moved onto "I want to go with Sophia!"
So my ride home was made up tears and the realization that she does in fact love her sister a lot.

It was very sad to see her so upset but also really cute at the same time so see how much they mean to each other.

So today is day 3 of preschool, I will use the car line to drop her off, and I hope that Annabelle will handle the transition like a champ!

***UPDATE: Drop off was a success :)

No comments: